> LEADERSHIP CAPACITY BUILDING
> 101 – GSDS Gandhi Fellowships
> 102 – School of Design Thinking
> 104 – Institute of Panchayat Leadership
> 302 – Jeevaniya Jaivik Produce
> SCIENTIFIC AGRICULTURAL TRAINING
> 601 – Sukoon IV Hybrid cycle rickshaws
THE 73RD AMENDMENT ACT WAS AN IMPORTANT MILESTONE IN INDIA’S HISTORY
The 73rd Amendment Act was constituted to bring in the much needed de-centralization of power to usher in local self-governance of our villages, through the Panchayat Raj Institutions.The Ministry of Panchayati Raj created in 2014, is missioned to empower, enable & hold accountable the PRIs to ensure inclusive development with social justice, and efficient delivery of services.
INSTITUTE OF PANCHAYAT LEADERSHIP IS ALL ABOUT LEADERSHIP CAPACITY BUILDING.
The institute of Panchayat Leadership (IPL) is a key element of Mission Samriddhi’s focus on building leadership capacity towards empowerment of our rural people. The IPL is an academy established to impart leadership training and best practices to Gram Panchayats across the nation in the area of rural self –governance. Simplistically, the objectives of this training are to build leadership at the Panchayat level so that the recipients will have the ability to:
- Plan village development for a 3 year period
- Enhance family Income of the village household.
- Utilize existing Government schemes creatively
- Build Panchayat identity
- Work with NGOs
- Master financial Literacy Programs
Earn a Certificate in Panchayat Management
THE CERTIFICATE IN PANCHAYAT MANAGEMENT IS A MODULAR PROGRAM
- Module 1 : 3 day residential program at Sewagram
- Module 2 : 2 day residential program after 90 days
- Module 3 : 1 day evaluation program in their respective Panchayat after 6 months followed by visit to selective Village Panchayats for additional learning on Panchayat Development best practices.
MODULE 1 WILL EMPOWER THEM TO BRING IN SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC FREEDOM
- Identifying opportunities of change in a village.
- The Panchayat Leaders(PLs) are able to identify the core needs of the people in their village.
- The PL’s are able to work collaboratively and in a participatory manner towards the socio-economic development of their village.
- The PL’s build a constructivist and I CAN mindset towards solving problems.
- Understanding one’s own strengths and creating a 3 month plan to bring quick impact.
- The PL’s are able to develop and implement a short term as well as develop a long-term plan for their village, including the financial planning for required resources.
- Networking with relevant NGO’s and government agencies for guidance and help.
- The PL’s are informed about the existing government schemes and their redressal processes.
- Practicing collaboration.
- The PL’s hold the exisiting NGO’s accountable for the agricultural/education/health services being offered by them and also reach out to NGO’s for bridging the missing gaps in these developmental areas
The end objective of this module is for the Panchayat Leaders to effectively work on issues of economic and social freedom of the people in their villages.
MODULE 2 WILL CHANGE THEIR MINDSET AND LEVERAGE THEIR STRENGTHS.
- Review and Celebrations. Identifying core needs of the village
- Reconnect and Review: Sharing of stories and experiences of challenges faced.
- Identifying areas of improvement in Panchayat functional leadership.
- Choosing and attending relevant training in village education, health, agricultural innovation, environmental sustainability, social cohesion, sanitation and hygiene, employment opportunities.
- Selecting relevant training to build one’s own individual strengths as a Panchayat Leader
- Choosing and attending relevant training for improvement in leadership: Conflict resolution, Planning, Collaboration, Communication, Leading and Following
- Creating a long-term vision and plan for the village by identifying core areas of socio-economic development.
MODULE 3 WILL HELP TO TAKE STOCK AND MOVE AHEAD
- Review, Assessment, Appreciation
- Visit to selective Village Panchayats for additional learning on Panchayat Development best practices
Other than the Certificate program, the IPL intends to build an entire community of people who are genuinely interested in rural development called Sahayaks of IPL. This community will be based upon invitation subject to the IPL board’s approval. The IPL Sahayaks are meant to devote at least 3 days in a year in rural leadership building activities not limited to the following:
- Curriculum development
- Website design
- Creating case studies of successful Panchayats
- Polestar jury for selection of best Panchayats
- Mentoring Panchayats
- Mentoring NGO leaders
- Social media Communication
- Government scheme coordination
- Coordination with NGO’s
- Coordinating inspirational and motivational speaking engagements for the Institute
- Content development thru writing articles in local languages
- Creating simple videos of government schemes in local languages
- Creating a ‘Panchayat identity’