> 302 – Jeevaniya Jaivik Produce
> SCIENTIFIC AGRICULTURAL TRAINING
HEALTHCARE AWARENESS INVOLVING MAP IN LHTS HAS BEEN EXHAUSTIVE.
- Starting from Goni Gondwa village of Hardoi in 1989, set up more than 70 Herbal Gardens and Nurseries in NGOs, Schools, Parks, Commercial Establishments, Residential Complexes and with individuals in and around Lucknow.
- Set up a Charitable Dispensary in 1996, based on LHTs & Ayurveda, Accupuncture as well as Homoeopathy at its premises and expanded to other centres and villages.
- Organized and Participated in more than 100 free Health Camps, Awareness Exhibitions & Melas, directly benefiting more than 25,000 people and distributing more than 1,00,000 Medicinal & Aromatic Plants (MAPs).
- Conducted a study on the Status, Potential & Use of Medicinal & Aromatic Plants in North India (Report Published).
- Conducting large number of National & International Seminars, Conferences, Workshops and Training & Awareness Programs on MAPs, LHTs & Ayurveda.
JEEVANIYA IS SYNONYMOUS WITH HOLISTIC RURAL DEVELOPMENT
Jeevaniya Society is a Voluntary support organization working for the last 20 years as part of a movement to revitalize Local Health Traditions and Traditional Indian Systems of Health Care for Holistic Health. It’s vision is to evolve a Swadeshi model of ‘Holistic Rural Development’ based on inherent knowledge of the rural population, that is sustainable.
It has been working for a better life for the rural poor in the areas of holistic healthcare, agricultural prosperity, education, industrialization and skill development. Towards this, the Society works closely with Experts, NGOs, S&T, Government and other Institutions.
To generate awareness, Society has been working to promote the cultivation & use of Medicinal & Aromatic Plants (MAPs) for Health Care & Income Generation.
The Society has undertaken a program called Ubhay Samruddhi to develop a cluster of villages around Malihabad (Lucknow ) as a Model of ‘Holistic Development.’ Society has undertaken education, Research and communication of scientific knowledge on these aspects to eventually influence policy interventions at various levels.
JEEVANIYA HAS PROMOTED ORGANIC CULTIVATION AND IMPROVED FARMING PRACTICES
- Since 1998, organized several Orientation, Awareness & Training camps for large number of farmers & NGOs on Organic Cultivation, Composting & Pest Control Methods, certification and helped market their produce.
- Organized Demo Cultivation of Conventional Crops across UP with Improved Varieties in collaboration with IARI, New Delhi.
- Arranged trips of farmers to the fields of successful farmers.
JEEVANIYA HAS MADE INFORMATION EASILY AVAILABLE
The Society has pioneered in publication of a variety of IEC material, particularly in Hindi, to fulfill the needs of authentic information in easily comprehensible language and style. “Jeevaniya”, a popular bimonthly Health Care magazine was published for ten years (1989-98), both in Hindi & English as part of its awareness campaign to promote revitalization of Local Health Traditions & Traditional Health Systems.
Monographs – Hindi Translations of three monographs namely Local Health Traditions, Mother & Child Care in Traditional Medicine and Principles of Food & Nutrition in Ayurveda were published as part of the North Indian chapter of LSPSS. The monograph on Food & Nutrition received the Best Publication Award from Union Health and Family Welfare Ministry for the year 1996-97. The monographs have been very well received by the common man and the experts alike.
Booklets, Books & Posters –The Society has published several booklets on various themes of Health Care and Science in Daily life. The booklets in Hindi have been published as part of a project from NCSTC, Department of S&T, GoI to promote science writing in different styles. Several reference books containing information on MAPs, their availability, potential, cultivation, medicinal properties & uses etc. have been published as part of the campaign to promote their use in Primary Health Care & Income Generation. A booklet on the use of kitchen spices and one on using 51 Medicinal plants in MCH and in primary health care has also been published.
JEEVANIYA’S GREATEST IMPACT HAS BEEN IN INFLUENCING PUBLIC POLICY FOR BROADER IMPACT
- Helped Dept. of Science & Technology, GoI to develop their program on Medicinal Plants & Traditional Medicine to successive Advisors (1988-92).
- Provided Inputs to CAPART (Earlier CART) for their programs of Rural Technology, Rural Development and Revitalization of Local Health Traditions in various capacities (1988-2004).
- Provided Inputs to Planning Commission, GoI as a Member of their Working Groups on ISM &H for preparation of VIII, IX & X Five Year Plans and on Voluntary Sector for the Xth FYP.
- The Secretary also provided inputs to AYUSH as a Member of Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia Committee and on Patenting Issues to CCRAS and NMPB.
- Prepared the official IXth Five Year Plan Document for all Departments of the Min. of Health & Family Welfare of UP Govt.
- An official Document to set up a Medical University in UP which was accepted by the UP govt. (1996-97).
- Prepared drafts of the proposed S&T Policy for UP Govt. and presented to the Committee of Secretaries of UP Govt. for its approval (1995-1999).
- Contributed to the Proposed S&T Policy of MP Govt. (2007-09)
- Prepared & presented to concerned officials the Road Maps for Development of the Herbal Sector in UP, MP, Orissa, Meghalaya & KVIC (2001-07).
- Provided inputs to the Council of Science & Technology, UP for preparation of the proposed S&T Policy for Socio-economic development of UP (2013).